Saturday, August 09, 2008

Renn Faire!

Jason, Tiffanie, Dan, Rebecca, Will and myself all went to the Sterling Rennisance Festival in Sterling New York.

We had a blast! I might be just a geek, but I really do enjoy going and seeing everything fall back to a midevil day and time, even if it is expensive and a glamorized re-telling of by-gone days.

This is the second time I have gone and also my second time going in costume which is also fun and, well, helps you blend in! The workers and actors are all in period costumes and also a fair number of visitors are also wearing period dress.

That said, I was actually considering not wearing a costume this year because it's a multilayer costume that also has a cloak. Toasty.

Either way, the faire was tons of fun as usual.

Excellent actors, excellent costumes, cool stuff to buy, acres of stuff to see and do, jousting, turkey legs for lunch, hilarious comedy shows and much more. It never gets old and is different each year I've gone.

Always worth the time and money for the day of fun and friends.

That's all for now, I'll post pictures later tonight because I'm currently finishing this as we are heading into Friendly's for dinner.

Posted with LifeCast

No comments: