Sunday, November 19, 2006

Holy Wii......

Ok, it's now.... *peers at clock* 9:00pm and I have been playing my new Wii since 8am....

Huh..... *aside* Why am I writing this instead of playing again? Oh yeah... because I said I would... annnnd I kinda hurt my shoulder playing Wii Sports with my family.... Drat!

OK! Here Wii go!

Today, it was used by not only myself, but my whole family as they each saw me playing and went "WHOA!!!!", picked up the controller and joined in on multiplayer Wii Sports games and we all had a BLAST.

It's an outstandingly entertaining machine that even my parents wanted to try (with a bit of prodding) and had a LOT of fun when they did.

They had just as much fun making (and laughing at rediciously disfigures) Mii characters as they did playing the games.

So far I've clocked 6 hours on The Legend of Zelda: Twighlight Princess (that game is just.... just..... *happy sigh*) and misc hours on Wii Sports and even after extended use, the controllers are still comfortable to hold.... though my arms disagree.

Yes, you CAN use tiny motions to control your games, even in Wii Sports, but where is the fun in that?! You look like more of a doofus if you're just twiddling it around a little bit than actually enjoying yourself and making the elaborate motions like you're playing tennis, or bowling or playing baseball. I never knew boxing on a gaming system would be more tiring than DDR.....

The controllers are wonderful, the pointer is very sensitive and accurate. In fact the controller as a whole is EXTREMELY responsive and despite my worries, has NO lag issues what-so-ever. THIS is what video games should have always been like.

Also, the size of the sensor bar WAS a point of concern for me, all the pictures I have seen of it, it was taking up most of the top of a TV..... WRONG!! It's NO MORE than an inch thick, half inch high and barely long than a DVD case. It's surprisingly tiny compared to what I was expecting from the pictures I've seen.

And by the way, the graphics? While not "cutting edge" are quite beautiful to look at, though I never really concentrate on them long enough to notice once I get playing.

The next person I hear say "But it's not a powerful as 'x'!" I can only say to play Wii Sports for 5 minutes and after, you won't give half a flying turkey sandwich.

I have precisely NO complaints about this system.... other than possibly, I should have picked up 3 extra controllers instead of one. And I have no broadband :( Ah well.

I think I'm gonna sign off for the time being and actually try to get some sleep so I'm not doing my impression of a Resident Evil zombie tomorrow...

Questions? More info? Ask away! I'll anwser if I'm not playing!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha your comments have been spammed :)

MrMacman2u said...

Looks like it.... *sigh*

MrMacman2u said...

Delete is a wonderful thing...