Monday, June 11, 2007

I Have An Opinion...

Ok, first off, I'm going to start by letting you all in on one personal view that I have.

I don't like Sony.

Granted, I used to think they we one of the finest electronics manufactures on the planet, but with their ever-degrading quality, questionable business practices, poor treatment of customers through the RIAA/MPAA, and many, many other not-so-little problems and bad moves/tactics that they have undertaken in the last 10 years I can no longer respect Sony as a company and they have forced me to no longer support them with my business for very good reason.

Yet, as per this article here, regarding Sony being 'irresponsible' for using a digital representation of this PUBLIC BUILDING in a 'sick' video game that contains violence and is seeking a "monetary donation" along with removal of said aspect of the already published game as retribution.

I have Sony's back on this one when I say, cry me a river and then go get STUFFED you big whiners! Someone call the 'waaambulance' because I'm gonna kick the crap out of these people until the can't stand so they have something REAL to whine about!

This cheeses me off on so many levels! First, using 3d models of public buildings in video games of ALL sorts, violent or otherwise, is nothing new. This has been going on for many years now, in fact the controversial Grand Theft Auto game series from Rockstar modeled much of their map after down own NYC you don't hear Proctor & Gamble griping about the building that looks like theirs! For that matter, the Spiderman series of games based on the movies flaunted the fact that you could web-swing and fight crime in extravagantly detailed NYC! These games were both "violent".

While you could argue that in GTA you were CAUSING disruptive violence while in Spiderman you were using violence to stop crime (a counter-productive idea if there ever was one, but that's another post all together). Well, even using this argument you have even less of a leg to stand on because the game in question, Resistance: Fall of Man, was about SAVING the world from an invasion. Whoops.

The people complaining about this should get hit by a truck and go directly to hell (Do not pass "Go". Do not collect $200.) The ONLY way I could support a cry like this is if the building in question was a private residence used without permission, THEN you have a reason to complain and I'd be behind you 150%

This churches complaint is not valid, it is stupid. Until a game maker does something with the content of it's games that TRULY does something to break a law or infringe on an individuals right to privacy I do NOT want to hear another complaint out of ANYONE, so everyone just STFU.

No comments: